Birch Solutions, part of the Singleton Birch Group of companies, is seeking an AD Plant Lead Operator to join our growing team in North Lincolnshire.
Responsible to: CHP & AD Operations Service Manager
This is a key role within the business and the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the production processes required for the Operation of the AD Plant are carried out and to work as part of the Field service team on contracted AD plants performing routine maintenance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the AD Plant is kept running by ensuring fuels are supplied in suitable quantity and time
- Carry out sampling testing of AD Plant Fuel material
- Store and clamp fuels in a safe and suitable manner
- Operate weighbridge to maintain inventory of feedstock quantities
- Complete and maintain plant paperwork and electronic records
- Monitor and maintain plant operation systems, acknowledging alarms to ensure safe and consistent plant operations
- Provide out of hours cover on rotating shift rota
- Monitor digestate levels and ensure digestate is taken away in a timely and correct fashion
- Provide cover for other AD Personnel during times of sickness, holiday’s absence
- Comply with the documented Company Management System (CMS) and the Company handbook
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Carry out any other responsibilities as and when required through instruction from the Operations Manager and joint co-operation with other management
Qualifications & Experience:
- A relevant engineering/technical qualification (NVQ/BTEC/Apprenticeship etc.)The ideal candidate will have a WAMITAB level 4 qualification and experience in operational and/or maintenance management for a biogas, wastewater, energy-from-waste or similar plant.
- Proven experience within Anaerobic Digestion is preferred but interested in candidates from water treatment, process plant or Landfill
- The ability to operate a forklift, tele-handler is advantageous but not essential as training can be arranged.
- They will have a track record of achieving KPI improvements and promoting a strong health & safety culture in the workforce.
- Full UK driving licence is essential for this role
Personal Skills Required:
- Great communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Technically proficient with good problem-solving skills
- Good Integrity and high working standards
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated
Please apply in writing to Steve Willett firstname.lastname@example.org